Paul Kelly is the owner of the popular VBA website ExcelMacroMastery.com which he set up in early 2015. It currently receives over 80,000 visitors a month.
In the last decade, a great deal of his work has been building advanced Excel applications and training Excel users to get the most from VBA in very competitive environments.
In 2019 he set up the ExcelMacroMastery YouTube channel which has recent reached the 50,000 subscribers mark.
Prior to creating his website, Paul worked for many years as software engineer for some major companies including Allied Irish Bank, Aviva, Snap-on Diagnostics and Hertz. Apart from VBA he has extensive experience in C++, C#, and SQL.
How To Build a VBA Application Like a Pro
In this session, I will show you how to build a robust and flexible VBA Application using the little-known secrets of professional VBA coders. These time-tested principles and proven techniques will help you create applications faster, spend less time fixing errors and write flexible and dynamic code.
The session includes:
- how to structure your code – it’s not hard once you know the secret
- how to get notified immediately when an error occurs – this idea alone will save you hours of wasted time
- how to write code that won’t break when you change it – what the pros know about writing flexible code and how you can use it to your advantage
- how to test your output before you write it to the worksheet – miss this and you’re going to add a lot of unnecessary work
- how to write code that is simple to read – all pros know that great code is also readable code
- tons of little-known Excel VBA tips and tricks that you won’t find anywhere else.
Excel Virtually Global is an independent conference and is neither sponsored nor approved by Microsoft.